ElastoSeal Basement Tanking
ElastoSeal is an unreinforced elastomeric membrane based on the polymer EPDM for loose laid installation in basements and foundations. It protects any building from penetration of high ground water.
Durable Waterproofing of Basements, Foundations and Cut-And-Cover Tunnels
ElastoSeal is prefabricated in large panels which enables fast and secure installations. Tanking applications made with ElastoSeal are a safe investment for the future, with superior longevity and low impact on the environment.
The elasticity of ElastoSeal will absorb any movements in the construction regardless of the age of the membrane and ambient temperatures. ElastoSeal is chemically and thermally stable and has exceptionally good weatherability and longevity. Constant contact with saline water or alkaline effect from concrete does not harm the membrane in any way.
ElastoSeal is also tested and approved for usage with vegetation. Both the membrane and the seams are root resistant and the membrane resists attacks from micro-organisms. There are also no plasticisers or softeners which could leach out into the environment.
ElastoSeal EPDM Tanking System is developed for use as waterproofing membrane in the following applications:
- Cut-and-cover tunnels
Quality Assurance System (QAS)
ElastoSeal is solely installed by authorised contractors, taking responsibility for performance and results, backed up by technical support from SealEco. ElastoSeal EPDM Tanking System is a completely engineered system, where product, seams, details, installation and site quality assurance guarantees a maximum of safety and performance.
All seams are controlled and visual inspections for mechanical damages are done on regular basis. Installers are always trained and certified by SealEco before they are allowed to perform installations.
Superior Durability and Service Life
Rubber membranes have been used for over 50 years in geomembrane and tanking applications and have the longest history of all waterproofing membranes. ElastoSeal is made of EPDM rubber which is a synthetic rubber that is an elastomer. EPDM was introduced in the early sixties and has over the years found an increasing use as construction material in the automotive industry, within building and civil engineering.
The material has unique properties like elasticity and these properties are unchanged when the membrane is at stress. EPDM is also a thermo-set material meaning that the material keeps its properties in a broad temperature range and that it cannot be melted.Independent studies of EPDM rubber membranes shows that expected service life exceeds 50 years.
Benefits of ElastoSeal EPDM Tanking System
- Withstands movements from earth settlements or temperature changes. The membrane can be stretched to over 300% without changing the typical properties of the membrane.It is also superior when it comes to multidimensional tension as the material doesn’t have any yield point.
- Endures almost unlimited loads and water pressure. Rubber has viscoelastic properties which mean that the products elasticity is predominant at low load and that it becomes more viscous with higher loads. The membrane and the seams can resist a hydrostatic pressure exceeding 70 meter water head (6.9 BAR)
- Superior durability and service life. Independent study made by SKZ in Germany shows that expected service life is exceeding 50 years.Rubber membranes have been used for over 50 years in geomembrane applications and have the longest history of all waterproofing membranes.
- Excellent UV and ozone resistance – can be used exposed.The carbon black in EPDM is a natural UV absorber.
- Root resistant. Both the membrane and the seams has been tested and approved for root penetration from vegetation.
- High resistance to chemicals. EPDM is cross linked and stable and don’t react or emit anything when in contact with concrete or other substances you normally find in ground applications.
- Quick installations. The membrane has low weight per sq. m. and is preferably installed in big panels with few seams to be done during the installation.
- Fully engineered system.All seaming is done by heat welding with the patented Thermobond technology. The system incorporates a full range of waterproofing accessories including a weldable waterstop for compartmentalization